Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My favorite knitting accessory

My SP10 hostess is having contest - what is your favorite knitting accessory? I'm not sure if mine counts as an accessory, but I love my double-sided worm binder from Bass Pro Shops. I can carry everything and anything that I could possibly need in this thing. Here's a picture of it, with Tick the mini-dachsund next to it for scale: 3 weeks from today we're leaving for our first-ever family vacation! Woohoo!!! We're heading towards Nashville, and we're going to be gone about 5 days. We've never gone on a real, honest-to-goodness vacation with the kids; this should be a lot of fun!

Yes, I've been knitting, but not as much as I usually do. Since I last posted, the charity shawl is this big

I have until April 21st to finish it - that shouldn't be a problem. We have a swap at the Ohio Soapmaker's Gathering, so I made a batch of unscented face soap. So far I've knitted 2 of these faceclothes - I need to finish 3 more in the next month:

And with the bar of soap that I made

I started EZ's ribwarmer from KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Bulky - color Storm (I'm going to run out - I need to order 1-2 more skeins)

I started a sweater for a friend - I have the right front panel done (the cables make it look a lot narrower than it really is - and this panel is 24" long)

And I broke out the Mountain Colors sock yarn and started a pair of shorter socks for me

I sat down to Queen Matilda and spun this from a center-pull bump that I picked up a long time ago (I got one for Kristin, my pal for SP9, too, but I don't think she's spun it up yet). It's a gorgeous wool/mohair blend. According to my McMorran balance, it's about 300 yards of light-worsted weight yarn.

An up-close shot:
I knitted a couple more inches on the Mimbres, too - nothing much to see yet.
If it wasn't for this pesky full-time job, I could get a lot more done!
:-)

Good news: We're getting a real, honest-to-goodness yarn shop in Medina!! Woohoo!!!!! StudioKnits opens next Monday!! Finally - a yarn shop in our county!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the bag. My favorite knitting accessory would be that cute pup. What a face!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I have that exact same Bass Pro Shop bag - best circular needle/knitting accessories holder ever!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

Great minds think alike! I've got the exact same worm bag too!!
Terry

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

You are one cool lady. The more I read/see of you the better you look. ;-)

Keep up the good work; on all fronts. See ya next year in Brunswick!

A

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home