Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Knitting - DONE!

Whew! I finished my Christmas knitting with a day to spare! Let me show you...

I drew Mom's name for the family gift exchange this year. She has been asking me to knit her a vest for quite a while now.

As a result, this is Windy. Windy is a top-down lace vest that I designed for my Mom for Christmas. (In case you're wondering, Windy was my Mom's nickname in high school) :-) This vest is knit from 4 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, and the pattern will be available very soon - I'm doing the numbers right now for the smaller sizes.
Mom doesn't read my blog, so as long as Dad doesn't show her, the secret will be safe until the family gets together for Christmas Eve tomorrow. :-) I'm going to include a rough-draft copy of the pattern in the box.

For my MIL, I knit "Carol's Clever Little Shawl." This is a pattern that I got at Knitting Camp 2 years ago, and it's really, really easy. It took 3 skeins of the Berrocco Ultra Alpaca that I bought at camp this past summer. My MIL is in her late 70's and she gets cold easily, so I thought that this would be a nice pattern for her - it's warm and it stays on without getting in the way. Now I want to knit one for myself!

My mailman delivered my final Secret Pal 11 box yesterday afternoon! My pal was Ann at Yellow House Treasures . Since my birthday was this past Monday, she said that she included a few extra goodies for the occasion. Inside were some lovely (and delicious!) Christmas cookies
A really cute ornament (dated "2007")
Some dark chocolate and gummies (also yummy - and gone!!)
And a skein of soft, squishy sock yarn - Araucania Ranco. The picture is rather dark -it's more of a pretty burnt orange colorThanks, Ann! It's been a fun exchange! :-)

And, just because he's cute, a picture of Tick, the most pathetic doggy in all of doggiedom.
He would like you to believe that he is never petted or fed...and he would like to try to convince you that he needs both. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you'll stay safe through this in-coming storm. Maybe one of your mother's all-time favorite songs was "Windy" in the 60's-70's? Still hear it frequently on radio! You should have some happy family members, indeed, this season!

1:05 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Merry Christmas! Great Vest and LOVE the shawl. is there any info where the pattern can be purchased? I've googled and can't seem to find it!

8:17 PM  
Blogger TexanaPurls said...

I love the Carol's Clever Little Shawl! I haven't been able to find the pattern. Looks very cozy. I love your doxie, too. I grew up having black and tan doxies, but I now have a 5 yo red girl named Daisy. Please let me know where I can get the pattern. Thanks!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home