Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Sampler Afghan! And Franklin!

The new KnitPicks catalog is out, so I'm allowed to show you the Sampler Afghan (finally! I've been dying to show you!)

Here she is, drying on my hotel room floor in WisconsinAnd - the catalog picture! I started it when I got back from England on June 23rd (except for the tiny bit - about 1/2" - that I did in front of Canterbury Cathedral for WorldWide Knit in Public Day) and I finished it at Knitting Camp on July 27th.

I really wasn't expecting a beagle as a model, but it's still a very nice picture of the afghan. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's actually 58" x 62"

This is from Melissa Leapman's book, Cables Untangled, and it took 15 skeins of Wool of the Andes Bare (knit as a single strand instead of doubled).

The funny/cool thing was, the woman who knit the original (on the cover of the book) was at Camp 3 with me! Her name is escaping me at the moment - I'll update it when I remember her name...

Here's a helpful tip - if you want to guarantee that nobody will sit with you on the Megabus to Chicago, work on a very large wool blanket. This works especially well if it's the end of July. :-)

Speaking of Chicago - I made it onto Franklin's blog today! Check out this entry - scroll down until you see Dolores hanging out under a phrase in Italian. :-) Bonus points if you can identify the phrase, and super-dooper extra credit if you can tell me where it's from!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work!!!!!
I am immediately adding this to my Ravelry queue.
What a project to tackle in Summer weather! You are a trooper.

I bet this was extremely hard to part with.
;)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

What a beautiful afghan. Lovely knitting.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home